QUALTEK TESTING GROUP
Lead Poisoning is the #1 preventable childhood disease in the United States.
Although it was banned 40 years ago, it may still be present in about 80% of housing stock in the New York tri-state area, which was built prior to the ban. The danger is more present than ever, because after 40 years, the lead paint is now breaking down, causing serious health risks.
Children can easily ingest household lead because it can be present all around them — in paint chips, tap water, dust and the soil. The younger the child, the more damage lead poisoning can do. If the source of the lead is not determined and removed, the poisoning will continue.